Join our family and grow your career!
Are you unhappy with your current job?
Due to rapid growth and our position as a leader in the market, we’re always looking to hire great people. Hey Neighbor Heating & Cooling is family owned and operated – when we hire you onto our team, you become a part of our family!
Reports to: Ron/Madison
About Our Company
We are a full-service, family owned and operated heating and air conditioning company specializing in residential heating and air conditioning services and installations. We are dedicated to helping keep our customers cool in the summer and nice and warm in the winter. We offer factory-authorized OEM repair parts and service for most manufacturers’ heating and cooling equipment, including Trane, Amana, Goodman and many others.
In this position, the apprentice/helper will assist the technician as needed with installation, maintenance, inspections, and light repair. This is an entry level position. The primary goal of this role is to learn all aspects of the trade. Our company offers on-the-job training and yearly wage increases as your skills develop. Starting pay is determined upon skills and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assist the technician with light repair and installation work.
• Observe and learn all aspects of the trade.
• Wear floor savers while in the client’s home and maintaining a neat work area when performing a repair or scheduled service.
• Show yourself as professional and knowledgeable to win new referrals and repeat business.
• Always be courteous, respectful, and pleasant to the customer.
• Be accurate and timely with all paperwork.
• Obey the company Code of Ethics and the Team Rules.
• Maintain a clean, organized job site and well inventoried truck.
• Always be safety conscious both on the job and while driving.
• Participate actively in all training exercises, morning meetings and retreats.
• Positive attitude
• Mechanical Aptitude
• Clean, professional appearance
• Good communication skills
• A willingness to work hard
• Ability and willingness to learn
• Ambition to achieve
• Able to work both independently and as part of a team
• Strong customer service skills
• Climbing up and down on ladders and equipment
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Ability to pick-up a minimum of 25 pounds consistently and carry up to 250 feet unassisted
• Operate handheld power tools
• Wear personal protective equipment
• Ability to work more than 40 hours per work week and up to 12 hours per day
• Work outside in all weather conditions
• Ability to work on concrete floors and uneven surfaces for up to 8 hours
• May work in awkward environments and will have to carry all required equipment and supplies at all times
• Sensory demands include exposure to the smells associated with sewer and water, exposure to the sounds associated with power tools and construction sites, and exposure to dust and other debris associated with the use of power tools and current home conditions, all of which can cause sensory strain including headaches
• Free Certifications for Refrigerant
• Paid Time-off
• Paid Holidays
• 401K with company match
• Free Major Dental & Eye Insurance
• Free short term disability insurance, hospital, and accident (non-major medical)
• Free Educational classes with manufacturers
• Free Educational training in metal working
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individ uals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.